Friday, April 25, 2008

Short people short stocks the same way tall people do

I always felt if I was approved for short selling when I had no income, things would be quite different. I can't say for the better or worse though. I once tried to get a job at bear, that would have been a mess. I'm not gonna explain short selling, go to another website and come back when you are ready. The greatest short was world poker tour, they don't even deserve to capitalized on my blog. It was the biggest show on TLC, big deal. It wasn't the WSOP on ESPN. I would never invest in a poker company but at least the World Series is sort of reputable. World Poker Tour was slightly more than a TV show. They also sold a few decks of cards with their logo on it. They didn't even have an offshore gaming site. You can't invest in a fad unless the company is making the fad. Buying AAPL because of IPODs makes a lot more sense than buying a poker franchise because poker was big. Poker is to 05 what cigars were to 95. It only took a few years to realize they would rather inhale cigarettes and die than pretend cubans are less nasty than other cigars. Not everyone profits when a stock goes up. Don't forget to hedge your bets. If you like coke, buy it and short pepsi. Did I just figure out what a hedge fund does? Remember It's good to have options. Buying puts right before a crash is brilliant. You can make a fortune when people say "everyone lost money". Shorting stocks, buying puts and writing calls are all bearish moves. Anyone who was bearish during the tech downturn did well. It is like the tech boom in reverse. You just need any boom not necessarily an upward one. So remeber kids; I can beat you in poker, so you better invest well.

No comments: